Just made some amazing vegetarian pasta. Ingredients are as simple as can be:
- Penne pasta
- vegetable broth
- fried (in water) broccoli
- 2 tablespoons Philadelphia cream cheese
- pinch of sea salt (in pasta as it cooks)
- pinch of black pepper + Italian seasonings in broccoli (as it cooks)
- topped with a little bit of vegetarian Parmesan cheese (as regular Parm has Rennet in it (intestinal linings (gross)))
Was a hearty, delicious meal :P The pasta I prepared "al dente" (sp?), or, extra soft. Same for the boil/fried broccoli - cooked until butter soft.
Speaking of this, August 1, 2022 will be my eight(8) year vegetarian anniversary! I should go vegan for my 10 year anniversary! I am considering it :) I mean hell, I already eat mostly just fruit during the Summer months, when everything is in-season and tastes GOOD. I'm more likely to skip over the cooked vegan movement and jump straight into raw foods, and eat very little cooked foods at all. If/when I do eat cooked foods, of course it would be vegan.
Anyway, 'twas a nice supper, indeed